Tuesday, March 25, 2008

As cold as ice

We are truly lucky to work in San Diego, America’s Finest City. You realize just how lucky when you aren’t in San Diego ...

On a recent Saturday morning, I flew from San Diego International Airport (SAN) to Chicago O’Hare (ORD). Stepping off of the MD80 aircraft, I was greeted with a temperature of 14 degrees Fahrenheit ... 14 degrees Fahrenheit! In mid-March!! Needless to say, I nearly froze. OK, so I was only wearing shorts and a t-shirt - but that is really beside the point.

After walking through O'Hare's K Concourse, I boarded my next flight to Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA). We were lucky enough to get de-iced, something we rarely, if ever, see in San Diego. I snapped this photo:


In southern California we don’t have to deal with pesky things like de-icing and snow removal. After a quick call to our Airside Operations Department, I did learn that a couple of the airlines here at SAN do have de-icing equipment on hand, for those rare times when we drop below freezing.

Yes, we are lucky indeed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who did the cute graphics for my posting? I love it! -Ryan

Ambassa-Shots

Photographs of life around Lindbergh Field

Mural of the airport's namesake, Charles Lindbergh, by John Jay Whalen on the east side of the Commuter Terminal

Guillermo sculpture at Terminal 1 East

Moonrise over Lindbergh Field, by Joan Van Tassel
Blog Directory - Blogged