Monday, July 7, 2008

Seat Guru

I love window seats. Actually, my infatuation is deeper than that. Most people know me to be fairly relaxed; this all changes when I am forced into an aisle or middle seat.

I like windows because I like to see out. I like to control the shade. I like to take photos. I like to rest my head against the window if I decide to fall asleep. The reason I bring this up is that I recently got assigned a middle seat. I nearly passed out. A quick email to Scott at Travel Trust informed me that 80% of people like aisle seats and only 20% like window seats.


An excellent website that I highly recommend is Seatguru.com, it works for any airline and any aircraft type, and it will tell you the seats to avoid and ones to covet. Aside from my other alias, Pedro, you may also call me “Seat Guru”. LOL!

I was recently at an Italian restaurant and got a frantic cell call from a friend saying “Hey, what are the seats like on United to Dulles?” Seatguru came in very handy for that. In addition, most airline websites have a page that details the seat configurations for their aircraft types.

So, what will that be, window or aisle?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Want to be a Contributing Seat Guru?! Email me at erin@seatguru.com for details!

Ambassa-Shots

Photographs of life around Lindbergh Field

Mural of the airport's namesake, Charles Lindbergh, by John Jay Whalen on the east side of the Commuter Terminal

Guillermo sculpture at Terminal 1 East

Moonrise over Lindbergh Field, by Joan Van Tassel
Blog Directory - Blogged