Friday, August 8, 2008

I love working here!

I was over at Spanish Landing during my lunch break the other day and witnessed a charming interaction. (How lucky are we to work right across the street from such a lovely park, right on San Diego Bay?!)

While I was eating my lunch, I couldn’t help but overhear an excited family next to me. They had just dropped dad off at the airport and were anxiously awaiting his plane’s takeoff so they could wave goodbye. Isn’t that sweet? You don’t see as much of that as you used to, now that flying has become such a routine part of most of our lives.

It was rewarding to hear the family’s awe and wonder as they watched the enormous machines take flight. I think we take for granted sometimes just how awesome aviation is.

Not to mention how many lives we touch. Whether it’s dad going off on a business trip or a friend visiting San Diego for vacation, everything we do here at the airport is making a difference in people’s lives. What a great incentive to give our best every day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mary, I couldn't agree with you more. We are lucky to work at such an awesome place. There are so many people who would give anything to work in aviation.

Ambassa-Shots

Photographs of life around Lindbergh Field

Mural of the airport's namesake, Charles Lindbergh, by John Jay Whalen on the east side of the Commuter Terminal

Guillermo sculpture at Terminal 1 East

Moonrise over Lindbergh Field, by Joan Van Tassel
Blog Directory - Blogged