Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Somewhere under the rainbow...


This entry I am calling alternatively All in a day's work! As many of my coworkers know by now, I love being around airplanes! I have to thank my Dad for giving me the love of planes. I remember when we were little kids, my dad would bring us down to Lindbergh Field and park at the foot of the runway so we could watch the planes land. I guess I have never lost the pure amazement at seeing these huge pieces of machinery landing ... as well as taking off! I actually have a bumper sticker in my cube that says "I ♥ Airplane Noise."

Last week Robyn & I were walking over to one of the back offices to pick up a laptop. It was raining, and when we walked out of the office we both looked up to see one of the most beautiful rainbows that I have ever seen! I could actually see where both ends met the ground! Usually the ends disappear before touching the ground. As we were standing there admiring this picture, it dawns on me that I can take a picture with my phone

So here you can see the pictures I took showing a plane taking off through the rainbow, as well as the rainbow framing planes on the tarmac. And if you look closely, you will see that the bottom picture captured a double rainbow!

This entry is just for the pure enjoyment of the beauty we can find around us if we look hard enough!


I LOVE working at this place!

Until next time ... Dennise

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(hum along to Somewhere Over the Rainbow)

Somewhere over the airport
Airplanes fly
Planes fly over the rainbow
Why then, oh why can't I?
Some day I'll board a jet
And wake up where the cars are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above San Diego Bay
SDIA's where you'll find me...

Fly Girl Marla said...

I love AIRPLANE Noise too! Aircraft are amazing! I too was raised on the tarmac/ ramp/ apron with my dad watching airplanes at airports including General Aviation (GA)airports. (We need to help Ryan - he is still learning to appreciate GA aircraft!)

My entire life has been shaped by aviation and I am sooo happy to be working at SDIA too!

Ambassa-Shots

Photographs of life around Lindbergh Field

Mural of the airport's namesake, Charles Lindbergh, by John Jay Whalen on the east side of the Commuter Terminal

Guillermo sculpture at Terminal 1 East

Moonrise over Lindbergh Field, by Joan Van Tassel
Blog Directory - Blogged