Thursday, February 21, 2008

TSA has a heart

One of the goals of the Goodwill Ambassador Program -- and one of our goals here at the Airport Authority -- is to have fun! So how can we have fun and still get our work done? Better yet, how can we share this fun with our tenants, passengers and others who pass through our airport?

A couple of weeks ago, I was pleasantly surprised while working out in the terminals. I happened upon an area in Terminal 1 where I saw on display just what it’s like to have fun in our airport

I was walking back into Terminal 1 from the airside when I experienced the sensation of something falling from the ceiling. As I flinched and raised my hand to protect my head, a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) employee laughed and said not to worry -- it was just their hearts! I stopped and looked up, and -- as you can see in the pictures here -- there were hearts attached to the ceiling to celebrate Valentine's Day!

My first thought was how everyone always groans whenever you mention TSA & airport in the same sentence! As our discussion continued, the TSA agent told me that they received so many compliments from passengers on the holiday decorations last December that they decided to put the hearts up for February. I asked what we had to look forward to ... maybe shamrocks in March?

No comments:

Ambassa-Shots

Photographs of life around Lindbergh Field

Mural of the airport's namesake, Charles Lindbergh, by John Jay Whalen on the east side of the Commuter Terminal

Guillermo sculpture at Terminal 1 East

Moonrise over Lindbergh Field, by Joan Van Tassel
Blog Directory - Blogged