Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Someone special this way came

I was browsing the Ambassablog tonight to see who has visited our site. I like to watch the Ambassa-Stats section (located near the bottom of the right sidebar) to see where people are connecting from. I am always amazed to see from which foreign countries people are visiting! Tonight I could see Brisbane, Queensland (Australia); Hsinchu, Taiwan (known as Taiwan's Silicon Valley!); Serbia; Calgary (Canada); Sardinia (Italy); and various states here in the U.S.

When I hovered over the little red squares on the Recent Visitors map, I noticed that we have visitors from both the east coast and the west coast of the U.S. - linking the two together. How COOL is that?!!!

I also stumbled upon evidence of visitors from another employee-based blog that is written by Southwest Airlines employees. It's called Nuts About Southwest and is located at blogsouthwest.com. So, of course, I had to click on the link and check it out. I am beginning to see how this can become very addictive!

I know that, as Goodwill Ambassadors for San Diego International Airport, our main goal with this blog is to educate not only our fellow SDIA employees, but the general public as well. It's nice to see how other aviation employees are also using an employee blog to educate their co-workers and the public about the aviation industry.

Speaking of checking out the Ambassa-Stats map, I noticed two locations in particular tonight! Vinita, Oklahoma and Tulsa, Oklahoma. Now, you may be asking yourselves why these two cities catch my interest. Well, keep watching the Goodwill Ambassablog, and soon you'll find out what piques my curiosity about these two cities!

(Note: Check the sidebar to the right for a new feature on the Ambassablog - Brother Blogs - featuring live Web feeds of other aviation-related employee blogs. See what employees at organizations like Southwest Airlines and the Transportation Security Administration are saying!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My late grandfather was from Soper, Oklahoma. I did a quick wikipedia search and it looks like Vinita is also at the east end of OK, but closer to the north. Good thing we have ExpressJet service to Oklahoma City and Tulsa now!

Anonymous said...

Queensland rocks! That is because it's the Smart State, and the smart Aussies here are patiently waiting for direct service from Brisbane to San Diego. In the meantime, we'll keep reading the Ambassablog. You guys are doing a great job!

Anonymous said...

Aussie...welcome to our blog! Let us know if there is anything you'd like to know specifically about SDIA and one of us can post a blog about it! I also think that would be cool to have direct service from San Diego to Brisbane! Patiently waiting as well...d

Ambassa-Shots

Photographs of life around Lindbergh Field

Mural of the airport's namesake, Charles Lindbergh, by John Jay Whalen on the east side of the Commuter Terminal

Guillermo sculpture at Terminal 1 East

Moonrise over Lindbergh Field, by Joan Van Tassel
Blog Directory - Blogged